Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocols
subject to a stable incidence of less than 100 and further regulations by the Bavarian Government we will be allowed to reopen Schloss Elmau on May 21 after seven months of continuous lockdown. Please take note of special conditions for stays until June 21.
Subject to current regulations by the Bavarian Ministry of Health the following rules apply during your stay:
- provide either proof of double COVID-19 vaccination or a negative result of a COVID-19 PCR test not older than 48 hours before arrival.
- maintain a minimum distance of 1.50 m (or 6 ft) and practice social distancing in all public areas and on footpaths.
- wear your protective FFP2/ N95 mask in all public areas and footpaths.
- regulary wash and disinfect your hands at touchless hand sanitizer dispensers at all entrances to the building and public areas, and to refrain from shaking hands.
- turn away from others when you cough or sneeze, and wash your hands afterwards.
- stay in your room if you feel sick and inform us so that we can call a doctor for you.
All our staff will be tested regularly to ensure maximum safety.
- We will inform you one week prior to arrival about rules likely to be applicable during your stay.
- In case of major covid-19 restrictions not foreseeable at the time of your booking, your may cancel or change your booking free of charge within 24 hours after receiving our e-mail.
Arrival & Check-in
- Please provide us with your contact details prior to arrival (mobile phone number, address, birthday) for contactless check-in.
- Access to the resort is exclusively reserved for guests staying at the resort.
- Valet parking service remains suspended.
- Use of the lifts only with people who live in the same room or household.
- Please use SMS text messaging with the hospitality desk for all requests.
- Hand sanitizers will be of no less than 60% alcohol-based and will be provided in guest rooms and throughout the hotel.
- all public spaces will be sanitized and ventilated with fresh air through open windows several times a day.
- All rooms will be thoroughly sanitized and ventilated with fresh air prior to arrival and during regular housekeeping services.
- Sanitizer and packaged amenities in your room on day of arrival.
- Total Privacy Option: You may request housekeeping services to take place in front of your room door only.
- Turn down service is suspended. Towels and amenities will be delivered on request.
- Packaged amenities and minibar filled with mineral water and soft drinks on day of arrival. Additional drinks can be ordered at extra charge.
Restaurants & Lounges
- More free space and privacy due to 1.5m social distancing between tables.
- Windows in all public spaces will be regularly opened to ensure constant ventilation with fresh air.
- All orders are served by waiters wearing protective masks. Buffets can be used with protective masks and gloves.
- Table reservations are required for breakfast either from 8:30 –9:15 am. or from 9:30 – 10:15 am. or from 10:30 – 11:15 am. and for dinner either from 6:00 – 7:45 pm. or from 8:00 to 9:45 pm. in one of the restaurants at the hotel booked. Changes are possible subject to availability on the same day.
- Up to 10 persons from a maximum of two households may sit on one table. Kids have to eat with their parents.
- The Ananda Spa Restaurant offers breakfsast from 9:00 – 12:00 am. and snacks from 12:00 – 4:00 pm exclusively for adults above 16 years.
- Lunch is served from 12:30 – 2:00 pm in the Tutto Mondo restaurant at the Retreat and in the La Salle restaurant at the Hideaway.
- Lounges offer warm and cold sandwiches, salads, the soup of the day and fresh cakes from 12:00 – 5:00 pm.
- The Elmauer Alm Mountain Restaurant will be open on sunny days for lunch exclusively for hotel guests by prior reservation.
- Bars close at 10pm.
- Room Service is available from 7:00 am – 10:00 pm. Prior reservation is required for room service during meals.
Concerts & Talks
- Since seats may be limited, we recommend that you book free tickets ahead of time.
- Protective masks are mandatory also during the concert.
Spas & Treatments
- Protective masks are required for treatments and in all public spaces.
- The Rooftop Pool for adults in the Badehaus and the indoor pool in the Family Spa are open in the Hideaway. The saltwater pool in the Badehaus will open on June 21. Yet another new warm lap pool and cold plunge pool will be opened mid July next to the saltwater pool.
- The saltwater pool and the Onsen Pool are open in the Retreat. The Lap Pool in the Family Spa of the Retreat will open on June 21.
- All Saunas are open. Use of steambaths and the Oriental Hamam may still not be permitted for the time being.
- The Badehaus Spa is exclusively reserved for adults above 16 years.;
- The Shantigiri Spa & Pools in the Retreat are exclusively reserved for guests staying at the Retreat.
- Kids up to 14 years can use the pools only with at least one of their parents.
- Recliners need to be covered with sheets which need to be disposed of in the laundry baskets after use.
- Please, no foods, no drinks and no phones in the relaxation areas of the spas and no drinks in pools.
Yoga, Taiji, Qi Gong & Fitness
- Participation in all classes require prior reservation
- Protective masks and adhere to 1,5 m distancing is required.
- Participation in yoga classes is only allowed with your own yoga mat, which you can buy at the shop if necessary.
- The duration of the courses is limited to one hour.
- Windows in the Yoga Pavillon will be fully opened before and after classes to air out the space.
- Fitness Gyms equipment is spaced out to maintain a six (6) foot perimeter between guets. All equipment must be sanitized before and immediately after use. Towels must be placed into a towel receptacles.
- Personal training with spiroergometry for optimizing your running practice by prior reservation
- Numerous activities in pristine nature in the immediate vicinity of the hotel and its untouched surroundings.
- Hike, forest-bathe, or climb one of the many surrounding peaks overlooking the Alps.
- Jog along the Ferchenbach Creek to the Ferchensee and Lautersee Lakes or trek to the Elmauer Alm.
- Participate in guided hiking or mountain tours for small groups.
- Participate in guided e-mountain-bike or e-road-bike tours for small groups.
- Individual climbing or mountain-bike tours with a private guide are charged separately.
- State of the art e-mountain, racing and road bikes are available at extra charge.
- Bycling equipment will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Archery training on site with a champion by prior reservation.
- Kite surfing on Walchensee, rowing on Eibsee, canoeing on Ferchensee
- Golf on the 18-hole green in Oberau or the 9-hole green in Wallgau.
Kids & Teens
- Childcare in the Kids Club for symptom free children from 2 to 5 years daily from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Babysitting is only possible after prior reservation.
- Participation in Edutainment Workshops, Soccer Camps and Outdoor Adventure Programs require prior reservation.
- Kids up to the age of 14 may use pools and playgrounds with their parents only.
Please feel free to contact the Hospitality Team at email@example.com for any questions and wishes you may have!.
Thank you for your understanding!