Covid-19 Health & Safety Protocols
we hope you and your family are doing well. Since we care about the health and safety of our guests and staff more than anything else, the current precautions will apply during your stay:
- we are not allowed to accept any arrivals from a region or country for which the German Government is currently requiring a quarantaine period after entering the country or if you have respiratory symptoms of any severity or if you had contact in the last 14 days with a person who has been infected with covid-19&
- a negative result of a COVID-19 PCR or POC Antigen Test not older than 24 hours is required upon arrival. No tests are required for guests younger than 6 years and guests either fully vaccinated since at least 14 days or recovered from Covid-19 within the last six months.
- for the time being and maximum safety all guests staying for more than one night and all staff members of Schloss Elmau need to be tested on a daily basis during their stay. No tests are required for persons younger than 6 years as well as guests either fully vaccinated since at least 14 days or recovered from Covid-19 within the last six months. Tests take one minute. The test certificate is accepted anywhere in Germany and will be send per sms to the mobile phone or email address ane can also be automatically transmitted to the Corona Warning App. A PCR Test needs to be taken in case of a positive POC Anti-Gen test. Guests have to isolate in their room while waiting for the result. The local health authorities will decide further actions in case of a positive PCR Test.
- a minimum distance of 1.50 m (or 6 ft) is required in all public areas and on footpaths.
- all guests older than 16 years have to wear protective FFP2/ N95 masks in all public areas and footpaths. Kids from 6 to 14 years can wear surgical face masks. Members of the Schloss Elmau team wear medical face masks.
- use of touchless hand sanitizer dispensers are available at all entrances to the building and public areas.
- guests need to stay in their room if they feel sick and inform us so that we can call a doctor for you.
We will inform you one week prior to arrival about rules likely to be applicable during your stay. In case of new covid-19 restrictions not foreseeable at the time of your booking, your may cancel or change your booking free of charge within 24 hours after receiving our e-mail.
Arrival & Check-in
- Please provide us with your contact details prior to arrival (mobile phone number, address, birthday) for contactless check-in.
- Access to the resort is exclusively reserved for guests staying at the resort.
- Valet parking service remains suspended.
- Use of the lifts only with people who live in the same room or household.
- Please use SMS text messaging with the hospitality desk for all requests.
- Hand sanitizers will be of no less than 60% alcohol-based and will be provided in guest rooms and throughout the hotel.
- all public spaces will be sanitized and ventilated with fresh air through open windows several times a day.
- All rooms will be thoroughly sanitized and ventilated with fresh air prior to arrival and during regular housekeeping services.
- Sanitizer and packaged amenities in your room on day of arrival.
- Total Privacy Option: You may request housekeeping services to take place in front of your room door only.
- Turn down service is suspended. Towels and amenities will be delivered on request.
- Packaged amenities and minibar filled with mineral water and soft drinks on day of arrival. Additional drinks can be ordered at extra charge.
Restaurants & Lounges
- Restaurants and Lounges currently have to stop serving drinks and food at 11:00 pm.
- More free space and privacy due to 1.5 m social distancing between tables.
- Windows in all public spaces will be regularly opened to ensure constant ventilation with fresh air.
- All orders are served by waiters wearing protective masks. Buffets can be used with protective masks and gloves.
- Table reservations are required for breakfast either from 8:30 –9:15 am. or from 9:30 – 10:15 am. or from 10:30 – 11:15 am. and for dinner either from 6:00 – 7:45 pm. or from 8:00 to 9:45 pm. in one of the restaurants of the booked hotel. Changes are possible subject to availability on the same day.
- Up to 10 persons may share one table. Kids below 14 years of age need to share the table with their parents during all meals.
- The two star Michelin Restaurant Luce d`Oro is usually open for dinner from Wednesday until Saturday.
- Lunch is served from 12:00 – 2:00 pm in the Tutto Mondo restaurant at the Retreat and from 12:30 - 2:00 pm in the La Salle restaurant at the Hideaway.
- Lounges offer warm and cold sandwiches, salads, the soup of the day and fresh cakes from 2:00 – 5:00 pm.
- The Elmauer Alm Mountain Restaurant will be open on sunny days for lunch exclusively for hotel guests by prior reservation.
- Bars close at 10:00 pm.
- Room Service is available from 7:00 am – 9:00 pm. Prior reservation is required for room service during meals. Please take note that In-Room-Dining is not possible in rooms located in the the Tower or the Wettersteinwing.
Concerts & Talks
- Since seats will be limited, we recommend that you book free tickets ahead of time.
- FFP2 masks are mandatory also during the concert.
Spas & Treatments
- FFP2 masks are required for treatments and all public spaces of the Spas.
- Kids up to 14 years can use the pools only with at least one of their parents.
- Recliners need to be covered with sheets which need to be disposed along with towels of in the laundry baskets after use.
- Please, no foods, no drinks and no phones in the relaxation areas of the spas and no drinks in pools.
- The Ananda Spa Restaurant is open for guests 16 years and older.
Fitness, Sports & Yoga Programs
- Participation in all classes require prior reservation
- FFP2 masks and adhere to 1,5 m distancing is required.
- Participation in yoga classes is only allowed with your own yoga mat, which you can buy at the shop if necessary.
- The duration of the courses is limited to one hour.
- Windows in the Yoga Pavillon will be fully opened before and after classes to air out the space.
- Fitness Gyms equipment is spaced out to maintain a six (6) foot perimeter between guests. All equipment must be sanitized before and immediately after use. Towels must be placed into a towel receptacles.
- Personal training with spiroergometry for optimizing your running practice by prior reservation
- Numerous activities in pristine nature in the immediate vicinity of the hotel and its untouched surroundings.
- Hike, forest-bathe, or climb one of the many surrounding peaks overlooking the Alps.
- Jog along the Ferchenbach Creek to the Ferchensee and Lautersee Lakes or trek to the Elmauer Alm.
- Participate in guided hiking or mountain tours for small groups.
- Participate in guided e-mountain-bike or e-road-bike tours for small groups.
- Individual climbing or mountain-bike tours with a private guide are charged separately.
- State of the art e-mountain, racing and road bikes are available at extra charge.
- Bycling equipment will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Archery training on site with a champion by prior reservation.
- Kite surfing on Walchensee, rowing on Eibsee, canoeing on Ferchensee
- Golf on the 18-hole green in Oberau or the 9-hole green in Wallgau.
Kids & Teens
- Childcare in the Kids Club for symptom free children from 2 to 5 years daily from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Babysitting is only possible after prior reservation.
- Participation in Edutainment Workshops, Soccer Camps and Outdoor Adventure Programs require prior reservation.
- Kids up to the age of 14 may use pools and playgrounds with their parents only.
Please feel free to contact the Hospitality Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and wishes you may have!.
Thank you for your understanding!